Dear BuzzMyVideos Creators,
In the light of recent YouTube monetization and partner programme policy changes, a great number of content creators across YouTube had lost access to monetisation features. We wanted to provide BuzzMyVideos creators with a run down of the process from our end, as a part of our efforts to be transparent and also to see how we plan to continue helping and empowering BuzzMyVideos content creators going forward, regardless of their audience size.
We know that the last couple of months have been busy and have not been easy for some content creators, we appreciate your understanding and also patience as we work towards finding new opportunities to help you take your online video career to the next level.
Things you need to know re: the YouTube policies:
- You must have 4,000 hours of watchtime over the last 12 months – that’s 240,000 minutes
- You must have at least 1,000 subscribers on your channel
- Both of the above thresholds must be met
- These changes took effect on February 20th, 2018 and affected ALL channels
- Your content is advertiser-friendly.
- You created the content or have permission to use it commercially.
- You are able to provide documentation proving that you own commercial rights to all audio and video content.
- Your content complies with YouTube Partner Programme policies, YouTube’s Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. YouTube reserves the right to disable monetisation for accounts that do not follow their guidelines.
Examples of content that may be eligible for monetisation
- You filmed your cat, and there is no background music.
- Your video contains royalty-free music, and you can prove commercial use rights using a direct link to its terms.
- Your friend created content for your video and states in writing that you may use and make money from it.
- You created original music yourself and are not signed to a label.
Examples of content that would NOT be eligible for monetisation
- Your video has music that you purchased on iTunes or content that you taped off the television.
- You edit together a compilation of content created by others.
- Content with violence and/or nudity meant to shock and disgust.
How did this affect BuzzMyVideos creators & What is NEXT?
As a result, channels who do not meet the new YouTube partner programme criteria were automatically or manually unlinked from BuzzMyVideos.
Please stay motivated and get in touch with us, so we can tell you more about opportunities outside of YouTube, i.e. Content distribution and monetisation across Facebook and other platforms.
Fear not! As BuzzMyVideos family, we are here to support all channels that are in good standing, regardless of their audience size, let’s take your online video journey to the next level.
As we’ve worked through this process, there has been a technical issue on YouTube’s end in processing the February earnings. Therefore, you might have experienced a delay in receiving your payments. Please note that, now the issue is resolved and all outstanding payments are being processed. You can always contact our support team if you have any specific questions in relation to your earnings/payments
So get in touch with us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org
The BuzzMyVideos Team